Perhaps you’re looking for a Lake District Walking holiday but want something a little more exciting; a camping trip in the Lakeland fells but need something with that little extra interest; an activity holiday which the whole family can join in, learning and developing new skills at the same time; perhaps you are looking for that very special type of holiday that will transport you far away from the hustle and bustle of the 21st century allowing for a slower pace, a pace that suits you, time to re connect with the landscape, nature, the seasons time to re connect with your family, to re connect with yourself. Perhaps now is the time to take a look at “Lakeland Pack Pony Holidays” , perhaps you would never have thought of us, but just perhaps, we are just what you are looking for.
- Walking with a native pony carrying your load.
- Guided or Self guided treks
- 1 Day Picnic treks to 2 or 3 day treks
- Camping out
- Detailed maps and written directions with photographs
- Booklet detailing points of historical interest in the landscape and the story of the Cumbrian Pack Pony and their history in the Lakeland Fells.
- Choose a route to suite your needs and requirememts
- Walks centred from our farm base returning each night or a circular route staying at different pre arranged campsites each night.
- Bell Tents provided along with air beds, wood burner, tea light chandelier, etc.
- Breakfast packs and lunch packs delivered fresh daily.
- Bell tents etc dismantled transported and re erected at your next over night site.
*Luggage transported if necessary.
Walk through some of the most stunning fells in the Lake District with panoramic views of the Lakes and hills. Re trace the footsteps of the historical Cumbrian Pack Ponies. Wake up to the sound of the birds, sheep, the stream running by and the sound of gentle munching of your pony in the field nearby. This is a holiday that will stay alive in your mind for years.